HP Printer Setup Support
Learn How to: HP Printer Setup. Instructions related to Hp printer setup, HP printer offline or installing the HP Printer drivers
Connecting Manually for HP Printer Setup
STEP1-Make sure your printer is installed on the computer.
STEP2-Turn on your printer.
STEP3-Activate the touch screen if necessary.
STEP4-Select set up.
STEP6-Select wireless network wizard.
STEP7-Select your network name.
STEP8-Select network’s password.
STEP10-Select OK, now you will be able to print over wireless network.
Connecting Automatically for HP Printer Setup
STEP1-Make sure that your computer and internet are compatible.
STEP2-Search your printer’s software, you can go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/ and type in your printer's model number, click
STEP3-Find, and click Download next to the top software entry.
STEP4-Click on the file, It will open up the software file.
STEP5-Turn on your printer.
STEP6-Follow the instructions given on the screen until you reach the network section.
STEP7-Select the network.
STEP8-There will be two options available, click on the send my wireless settings to the printer.
STEP9-Wait for your printer to connect.
STEP10-Finish the set up process.
What does HP printer offline means and how to fix and setup again
The printer loses connectivity even when it is connected and operating. The status message shows offline on the computer, and the printer does not print. An Offline status generally indicates that the computer has failed to communicate with the printer. In some network conditions, the printer might get offline suddenly. The error may get displayed when Windows 8 diagnoses that the printer is unavailable, but unfortunately, most times it fails to tell whether the printer is really offline or if it has connectivity problems or printing errors.
Why your printer appears to be offline, include
- Problems with hardware, such as disconnected cables or malfunctioning equipment.
- Problems with software, such as corrupted or incompatible driver file.
To fix your printer from offline to online you can follow the below steps:
- Open and start control panel.
- Click on view devices and printers.
- Right click on your printer
- Select printer properties.
- Open the port tabs.
- Select your printer.
- Press configures port.
- Check SNMP status enabled.
- If it’s unchecked select it and see if you can connect to your printer.
- Press ok and Press close
- If it still did not work out.
- Right click on your printer
- Select set as a default printer.
- Press ok.
- Now your printer should be online if you are using USB cable to connect to your printer.
- Right click on your printer and choose remove printer.
- Press yes.
- Click on add printer.
- Click on the printer that you want to listed.
- Select add printer using TCP/IP address or hostname and then press next.
- In hostname type your printer’s IP address.
- Press Next.
- Wait for window to find your printer.
- Press next and your problem should be fixed.
- Open start and type: services.msc.
- Open services.
- Locate the printer spooler services.
- Right click on printer spooler and select properties.
- In startup type select automatic.
- Press start.
- Press applies and then OK.
Common reasons your HP DeskJet Ink Advantage 3700 go offline
If the machine loses network connectivity by itself, you should troubleshoot the issue exactly like when any other network equipment loses connectivity:
Check the printer from a PC to verify that it actually is offline.
Look for duplicate IPs on the network.
Window is reporting the printer as offline:
If Windows is reporting the printer as offline, it is just saying that it receives no status updates from the printer. This is a Windows/printer port communication issue and is rarely related to the printer itself.
It is highly recommended that you should either reinstall the driver or go in to the Printer Properties, select Ports and set up a new TCP/IP port with the IP address of the printer.
If the issue is still not resolved, something is likely blocking trafic on port 9100 on your network. This is generally the case if the PC is connected to a wireless network and the printer is on a cabled network. Sometimes it can be fixed using router set up.
If you cannot solve the issue, you can work around it by selecting the newly created TCP/IP port, click the Configure Port button and from there you need to disable the SNMP Status Enable" checkbox. This will cause Windows to no longer attempt to monitor the status of the printer and it should therefore never report the printer as offline.
How to get a HP Printer from Offline to Online?
Window has a setting that allow user to use printer even when it is offline. This setting allows user to save your files when your printer is not connected to your computer. When you change your printer to online computer sends documents to printer. Changing from offline to online sends print jobs directly to your printer without waiting. Your printer should be connected to your computer before you can change the setting from Offline to Online.
Go to control panel.
Choose devices and printers.
Right click on the icon of HP printer.
Click the ‘see what’s printing’.
Click the Printer menu.
Uncheck Use Printer Offline.
All jobs in the print queue for your HP printer will print.
Why is HP printer printing blank pages?
There can be number of factors that can cause blank pages printing. Few of them are:
- Empty Cartridges.
- Disconnected Cartridge.
- Incorrect Paper Size.
- Clogged Nozzles.
- Update printer drivers.
Why HP printer is not printing in colors?
Make sure that you are using correct drivers. To make sure that printer will print in colors, you need to check the below things:
- Check that printer option is set to color.
- Check Start – Setting – Printer.
- Double click on the name of the printer.
- Choose printer menu – Properties.
- Check if the printer has no color option and make sure that it is not selected.
How can we stop a HP Latex R1000 printer from printing an extra blank page?
If you are not able to figure out how to delete the extra page you could also limit the amount of pages you wish to print using the print driver. For e.g. If you have a 10 page job and it’s always printing 11 then try entering 1–10 in the Pages option of the driver.
Read More about Offline Printer